Popular Brand Category
Black+Decker 200mm Orange & Black 2nd Cut Fla
Available on Request
- By: Black & Decker
Shop More by
Flat Files For Perfect Smoothing Of Varied Materials
A flat file is a hand tool made out of steel with sharp teeth on its surface, which is used to smooth materials like wood or metal. It is used on a workpiece to remove a fine amount of unnecessary material. It has an abrasive surface like natural or synthetic diamond grains or silicon carbide.
Flat Diamond Files for Better Finish and All Direction Cuts
The diamond particles are cleverly distributed, making the flat diamond file or a diamond needle file provides a perfect finish and cut in all directions. So, this can be used for various applications, and the following are its uses:
- --> Tip of the diamond file can be used for detailing like on the ring shanks.
- --> It can be used to sharpen carbide cutting tools
- --> Enlarging holes can be made easier with this tool.
- --> It helps in removing excess solder.
- --> It fits glasses of the clock and watches.
- --> It is useful refacing clock & watches pallets.
- --> Shapes all types of precious stones in the process of jewelry making.
- --> It helps in repivoting clocks and watches.
- --> Useful in bevelling cut crystal glasses and filing glass.
- --> Sharpens household objects.
- --> Cross graining burnishing tools.
- --> Sharpens fishing hooks and ice screws for winter climbing.
Rough Flat File Vs Flat Smooth File
A rough flat file of the grade has the coarsest cutting ridges. Rough files have bigger teeth that help in filing bigger materials easily.
Flat smooth files have smaller teeth and are mainly used for the final touch or finishing tasks.
Each of these files plays a significant role in their spheres.
Single Cut Flat Files and Its Design
Single-Cut flat files have a single set of parallel, diagonal rows of teeth or only single direction teeth. Single-cut files are often used with light pressure to produce a smooth surface finish or to put a keen edge on knives, shears, or saws.
A Fine Tip on How to Use Flat Files
There are three types of grips while using a flat-file. They are:
- --> Standard Grip
- --> Heavy Stroke Grip
- --> Light Stroke Grip
Maintenance of the Flat Files
The following are some of the basic tips that need to be kept in mind when using these tools:
- --> Since the teeth of the flat file play a vital role in the task that it needs to perform, it has to be protected when not in use.
- --> It is always better to either hang the file after use on a rack or safely keep it inside a drawer that has a wooden division.
- --> These files must be kept away from water and grease as it can ruin the file’s action.
- --> When you have to carry the file in the toolbox, make sure you wrap it in a cloth to protect the file with multiple toolbox tools.
- --> The file should always be kept clean, and one must clear all the grooves between the teeth after use.
- --> Always check the handle of the file and make sure it fits well.
Buy the Best Flat Files at Moglix
Moglix is an online B2B E-Commerce platform that provides medical, stationery, industrial, and laboratory equipment at premium quality. They assure safe delivery options and meet the unique needs of the customers. Buy flat files online from top brands like JK Super Drive, Johnson Tools, Taparia, AMB, Black+Decker, and many more. Now buy the tool and make the best use.