How to Find the Right Centrifugal Pump for Your Job?
Centrifugal pumps are one of the most important elements in the process plants. A variety of these pumps are available in the market based on their functions or for the particular task they are used for. Hence, it is very important to choose the right centrifugal pump which suits the best for your work or process plant.
Apart from processing plants, centrifugal pumps are also used for refining, petrochemical plants, oil mills, power plants, etc. These pumps are also used in various types of industries such as food processing industries, for agriculturing activities and also in residential buildings/apartments for supplying water.
Right now, the market is filled with numerous companies selling different types of Centrifugal Pumps. This makes us pretty confused in choosing the right pump. Hence, to ease your work, we have listed different types of centrifugal pumps which are worth your investment for getting your work done.
Self Priming Pump:
Most of these pumps have to be filled with water manually for evacuating the air from the inlet line. Only after evacuating the air, the pump will be able to start and discharge the liquid. Self priming pumps are self-capable of evacuating this air which is present in the suction line of the pump. Self priming pumps need not require any external devices for evacuating this air.
|Havells Self Priming Centrifugal Monoblock Pump||Single||0.75||6-30||4,731|
|Duke Self Priming Centrifugal Water Pump||Single||0.5||3-24||2,581|
|Usha Monoblock Self Priming Pump||Single||1||6-38||3,570|
|Lubi Self Priming Monoblock Pump||Single||1||15,422|
Multistage Centrifugal Pump:
Multistage centrifugal pumps are pumps with more than one impeller. The impellers in multistage centrifugal pumps may be mounted on the different shafts or on the same shafts. Multistage pumps are mainly used where there is a need for high pressure such as in the industries. Also, multistage centrifugal pumps are used in power stations eg boiler feed pumps, for boosting of the water supply, circulation of water, etc.
|Kirloskar Vertical Multistage Inline Pump||1||2||116-52||38,258|
|Kirloskar Vertical Multistage Inline Pump||1||3||197-90||47,678|
Centrifugal Water Pump:
Centrifugal Water Pump are basically used for transferring the fluid using the rotational energy of the centrifugal pump impellers (or just impellers). When the impellers rotate, they transfer their rotational energy to the fluid which passes through them and help in transporting the fluid between two places. These pump impellers depend on the type of fluid which has to be moved. The pump impellers may be open, closed or semi-open.
The Centrifugal Water Pumps are mainly used in transporting the water from one place to another. Centrifugal Water Pumps are used in different types of industries such as foundry-forging, metal works, petroleum, etc. Apart from these, centrifugal water pumps are also used in municipal water supply, power generating plants, agricultural activities, residential buildings, construction sites, etc.
|CRI Centrifugal Water Pump||2||0.5||6 - 25||2,213|
|Crompton Centrifugal Water Pump||1||1||6-34||3,436|
|Crompton Centrifugal Water Pump||1||1||6-39||4,284|
- Vertical Centrifugal Pump:
Vertical Centrifugal Pump or also known as the Cantilever pumps are mainly designed for moving water from underground reservoirs and wells. Unlike other pumps, the Vertical Centrifugal Pumps have a unique configuration of shaft and bearing. On this shaft, the centrifugal pump impellers are arranged which helps in transferring of water from one place to another. Also, the shaft in the vertical centrifugal pump is not sealed by any box like in other pumps.
The Vertical Centrifugal Pumps are used in those working conditions where backward flow of water is not required. Vertical Centrifugal Pumps are also used where there is less space for installing horizontal centrifugal pumps. Apart from these, the vertical centrifugal pumps can also be used for pumping water from bored-well, river, reservoirs etc.
|Kirloskar Vertical Multistage Inline Pump||1||1.5||98-44||34,241|
|Kirloskar Vertical Multistage Inline Pump||1||3||161-76||44,062|
Centrifugal Monoblock Pump:
Centrifugal Monoblock Pumps are primarily used for transferring of fresh water and the fluids which do not give any chemical reaction when they come in contact with the components of the pump. The design of these Centrifugal Monoblock Pumps allows the consumers/owners to dismantle them from the pipeline without separating the pumps body.
Due to their reliability and sturdiness features, the Centrifugal Monoblock Pumps are mainly used in agricultural works, industrial works, civil applications, etc. Centrifugal Monoblock Pump also helps in reducing the energy losses while transmitting the water/fluid from one place to another.
|EKKI Centrifugal Monoblock Pump||1||1||7 - 44.5||9,464|
|V-Guard Centrifugal Monoblock Pump||1||2||6 - 12||10,981|
|Kirloskar Centrifugal Monoblock Pump||1.5||0.5||6-26||2141|
|Havells Centrifugal Monoblock Pump||1||1||8-14||7,410|
- What is a centrifugal pump and how it works?
- Centrifugal pumps are mechanical devices that are used for transporting fluids from one place to another. These pumps use the impellers rotational energy to move the fluid. This is done by converting the rotational energy of the impeller to hydrodynamic energy of the fluid.
- Where are centrifugal pumps used?
- These pumps are used in various fields such as oil-refineries, chemical industries, petrochemical industries, beverage and food production industries, pharmaceuticals, etc. apart from this, these pumps are also used in construction sites for water transport, in buildings/apartments and also in agriculture lands for supplying of water.
- What is the principle of centrifugal pumps?
- These pumps work on, The rotational energy of the impellers is converted to the hydrodynamic energy of the fluid. This hydrodynamic energy is used for transferring the fluid from one place to another.
- Why are centrifugal pumps widely used?
- Centrifugal pumps have a very simple design and provide a very high efficiency. They can also operate with different ranges of capacity and head. Also, they are very easy to operate. Because of these reasons, these pumps are widely used, especially in processing units.
- What is the difference between centrifugal pump and rotary pump?
- In centrifugal pumps, the rotational energy of the impeller is used for the transfer of the fluid. In rotary pumps, the transfer of fluid takes place via a rotary shaft.