3M: A superior choice for best quality products
The 3M Company previously recognized as the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing organization is an American multinational corporation which was incorporated on June 25, 1929. It is centered in Maplewood, Minnesota; a suburb of St. Paul. The company is a manufacturer and marketer of a range of products and services. The company operates across five segments; industrial, safety and graphics, Health care, and consumer. The company creates a variety of products including adhesives, abrasives, laminates, passive fire, protection, personal protective equipment, window films, paint protection films, dental and orthodontic products, electronic materials, medical products, car-care goods, electronic circuits, healthcare software, and optical films.
What makes 3M superior to other brands?
They are constantly focused on providing quality products to their consumers. Setting goals to drive and sustainability progress is nothing new at 3M. They have been setting global environment goals since 1990.
The company adopts proper quality assurance methods. Their team is determined to apply quality control measures for enhanced production. They have not compromised the quality of their products.
Supportable goals and strategy
- They believe in delivering excellence in operations and across their supply chain.
- They believe in innovation to improve lives with their customers and partners.
- Enriching the communities where they work.
Their goal is to support individual growth worldwide while driving a growing business. They address global challenges, like energy availability and security, raw material scarcity, human health and safety, education and development, while keeping their vision of growth in mind.
Three Key Pillars of Sustainability
- Economic success: They develop differentiated, practical and ingenious solutions to sustainability challenges.
- Environmental protection: offer practical and effective solutions and products to address environmental challenges.
- Social responsibility: Host ongoing conversations with key stakeholders to continually improve their sustainability practices.
Their Recent Accomplishments
They invent technologies that make daily life easier, safe and more fulfilling. Some of the recent ways they have applied their ideas and innovations for a better future include the following:
- In 2014 they earned the U.S Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR award for their worldwide energy conservation efforts.
- The continued success for their Pollution Prevention Pays Program, which has prevented nearly 2 million tons of air, water, and waste pollution.
They have different business segments and they manufacture the products as per those business segments with maintaining the best quality
Safety and Graphics Business
The safety and graphics segment serves a range of markets for the safety, security, and productivity of people facilities and systems. Its products include personal protection products, such as respiratory, hearing, eye and fall protection equipment. Their products include certain disposable and reusable respirators.
Health Care Business
The health care segment serves markets that include medical clinics and hospitals, pharmaceuticals, dental and orthodontic practitioners. Their products include medical and surgical supplies. They have products like metered-dose inhalers, transdermal skin patches, and related components.
The consumer segments comprise customer retail, office retail, office business, home enhancement, drug, and pharmacy retail, and other market products. They have stationery goods, home improvement products, home care products, protective material products. They also have adhesive bandages, elastic bandage, etc.