A cut off saw is a simple, yet powerful cutting tool used widely in metal cutting. The term cut off saw refers to two distinct classes of a power tool. First, the miter saw which is typically used in woodworking. The second is abrasive saw which is used to cut hard materials such as metals or ceramic. Miter saw makes precise angled cuts and bevel cuts.
Let’s discuss the types of cut off saw.
Types of Cut Off Saw
Manual Miter Saw – The manual miter saw is a metal guide that works with a miter box to allow accurate miter cuts. These cut off saws are occasionally used in picture framing or manual woodworking, but have largely been replaced by power woodworking tools.
Power Miter saw – A power miter saw is a power tool used for quick, accurate cuts at the desired angle. It is commonly used in framing operations and mold cutting. Most miter saws are light and portable and with common blade sizes ranging between eight and twelve inches.
Abrasive Saw – An abrasive saw is a power tool used to cut hard materials. An abrasive disc, similar to a thin grinding wheel, performs the cutting action.
The abrasive saw does not use regular shaped edges for cutting. It has a built-in vise or clamp, and the cutting wheel and motor are mounted on a free arm attached to a fixed base plate.
Since the introduction of cut off saw, it has helped to make building job sites run smoothly. These tools are also useful for lightweight steel fabrication, and in workshops that also use constant power, cold saw due to their portability.
While using a power tool like cut off saw, the safety of the workers is very important. So, here are a few safety tips for you that you can follow and ensure safety while using a cut off saw.
Cut Off Saw Safety Tips
- A pair of safety goggles may seem sufficient, but a face shield is strongly recommended to protect yourself from dangerous injuries.
- If the dust collection system is not efficient, you must wear a mask to cover your nose.
- Make sure that there are no cracks or damages before mounting the cut-off wheel.
- Never apply any sideway force on to the parting-off wheel. This can result in wheel breakage since the parting-off wheels have relatively thin cross-sections.
- You can see sparks generated during the cutting process. Keep flammable materials away from chop saws to avoid the fire hazard.
- You should not try to cut wood, plywood, plastic, etc. with a cut off the wheel as it can cause the wheel to load-up and may result in wheel breakage.
These are the different types of cut off saws from which you can select the one which is best suitable for your job. You must also be concerned about safety while using this tool so, follow the above-mentioned safety tips and be safe while using these power tools.
If you are looking to buy any cut off saw, you can visit our website moglix.com and explore the category of power saws. You can get the best quality cut-off saw from moglix at the best price. At moglix, you can also buy the best brands such as Bosch, DeWalt, KPT, Makita, Ralli Wolf, Stanley, and many more at an affordable price.