Safety shoes also known as safety boots are essential for those who work in construction and manufacturing industries. These are Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that prevents workers from getting injured due to chemicals, slippery surfaces, sharp piercing edges, splinters, electricity, etc. These shoes are a must-have for places like construction sites, industrial setup and more where foot injuries are common. There are various types of safety shoes available in the market:
Safety Toed Shoes: These shoes are made of alloy, steel, and non-metallic toe cap. These are the best option for those who are employed to ride bikes, trucks, etc.
Metal Instep Footwear: They keep the foot safe from injuries and accidents. Metal instep footwear is worn by those who lift heavy equipment and machines.
Steel Insole Shoes: These shoes protect from joints problems. They are also useful for bike and heavy truck riders.
Metatarsal Shoes: These shoes are also called drop hazards. They are mainly designed to protect the upper part of bones and feet.
Electric Hazard Shoes: Those employees who work with wiring, circuits, and high voltage machines must wear these safety shoes. They ensure safety when you are exposed to electricity.
Now, as you know what kinds of safety shoes are necessary for a particular work, you can purchase one suiting your requirements. However, there are a few factors that should be kept in mind at the time of buying safety shoes.
1. Safety Assurance: This is one of the most important factors to look at while purchasing a pair of protective footwear. Shoes should protect the feet from hazards. For foot safety, Shoes should be a combination of metatarsal guards, good sole material, safety toe caps, and steel plate soles. In short, the overall materials used for manufacturing safety shoes should be flexible, reliable, and durable.
2. Comfort Level: As you know these shoes are manufactured for construction industries. So, they must be comfortable to wear. Make sure when you buy safety footwear, they must have an appropriate space for toes, there should be no pinching and cramping. These shoes should provide adequate support in the arch and heel. Safety shoes must be appropriate for a warm and cool climate. After wearing these shoes, not only your feet but your hips, knees, and lower back should also be aligned.
3. Fitting: Fitting of shoes is also very important. The instep should fit snug and should not be tightened. Otherwise, it would result in excessive slipping. The ball of the boot should fit the ball of the foot. Overall, shoes must provide a good grip.
4. Outsole Offerings: We often focus on insole safety measures. But we forget about outsole features. Also, good safety shoes must have perfect outsole. They should provide excellent resistance to heat, chemicals, oil, gas, chips, marking and slipping. When you face conditions like an unsafe temperature, an outsole should be a life savior.
5. Price: The cost of safety shoes is also an important factor. The price of shoes must justify its features. It is recommended to purchase it from a trustworthy brand rather than from any cheap and unknown brand.
These are a few things that are important to know before buying safety shoes. If you are planning to buy safety shoes for your workplace, browse through moglix.com. Check the best brands that offer reliable and durable safety footwear.