Table fans offer sufficient and inexpensive cooling for a smaller area. However, if you do not run periodic maintenance, or take proper care of your table fan, you will not only experience a significant reduction in its cooling power, you might even have to spend a few bucks to get it fixed.
In order to help you circumvent such situation, we have come up with a quick and easy guide to help you maintain your table fan. For carrying out this process, you will need a mild soap, handheld vacuum, lint-free cloth, normal cloth and water.
Mentioned below is a step-by-step guide to help you maintain your table fan –
Whether you buy table fans online or from a local store, you need to ensure that it lasts long. For this you need to follow this simple guide –
- First, switch off the electric source. In order to prevent electrocution, you must unplug the table fan from electric source.
- Next, vacuum the vents. With the help of a handheld vacuum, you must vacuum the vents that are found inside the motor housing on the back of the fan. This is needed to ensure that the air circulates into the motor.
- Further, you have to remove the fan grill. However, before you begin doing that, you need to check for the model of the fan. In case, you have the fan which uses screw to assemble the grill, you will need a screwdriver. However, if you have one where the grills are just in place via movable brackets, then you have to unclip these brackets.
- Forth, you have to clean the blades of your regular or rechargeable table fan and let the grill soak. In order to save you some time, you can soak the grill in a tub full of warm soapy water. This will remove all the accumulated dust before you can begin cleaning the blades.
- Next, you need to wipe up the external parts of your fan using a normal cloth. While you wait for the grill and, blades to dry, make use of a lint free cloth to wipe away any extra dust from the base of your fan or the surrounding area.
- Sixth, reassemble all the table fan parts. You must do this only after the grill and blades have dried out completely.Repeat this procedure periodically. No matter whether the table fans price is high or low, to ensure durability, you can do this at least once a month. Make use of a handheld vacuum to keep the dust at bay.
Table fan maintenance is not a hard job. However, it is important to do it right. We hope this simple, step-by-step guide to maintain your table fan, is what you were looking for!