According to accidental facts, hand tools are involved in 6% of all compensated work injuries. This figure has increased to 14% for non-compensated injuries.
Though, hand tools are a fundamental aspect of every business and ease our work. But with improper maintenance and careless attitude of the workers, these hand tools can cause various health hazards and injuries.
Below are some points that are helpful to reduce injuries caused by hand tools:
- Carry all sharp tools in hostlers or sheath
- Do not use hand tools which are damaged or defective
- If handles of tools have splinters, burrs, cracks or splits, do not use them
- Never perform a make-shift repair on the tools
- Keep tools in toolboxes or tool belts